Telecommunications engineering solves problems of signal transmission and reception and networking. The development of this discipline includes many technologies such as radio, television, telephone, data communications and computer networks, and set a constant challenge of the modern world, without which communication would be unthinkable distance arrive at the concept of "global village" that characterizes the modern world.
Graduate profile against profile defendant.
• Planning and evaluation of telecommunications, telematics systems and servicesconsulting and specifications.
• Development of communications software, operation and maintenance of infrastructure.
• Design of security policies according to the particular needs of each company.
• Design and management of communications networks.
• Adaptation and incorporation of new information technologies and communicationproduction processes according to the company.
• Skills supported on scientific grounds to run or lead research projects.
The graduate may serve in the following areas:
• In the area of networks and telematics, the graduate has occupational competence indesign, implementation, analysis and management of computer networks and datatransmission systems, achieving optimum solutions and tailored to every need.
• From the area of management and administration, our students not only solvetechnological situations, but also business situations, social and commercial. Nueva Granada Military University prepares students to keep micro-economic situation andmacro-economic of the country, the internal factors of the company, thetelecommunications sector and the regulatory framework for optimizing communication projects in their care.
• In the area of communications, will design solutions, acquisition process, assembly and testing and commissioning of new communications systems. Management of fixed and mobile systems, using proven technologies and the ability to raise research and innovationprojects.
Telecommunications Engineering degree must aim at a technical profile management, be creative, innovative, competitive, entrepreneurial, responsible teamwork, with sensitivity tosocial problems and with the potential to affect solutions.
One role of telecommunications engineer in the design of new systems of communicationis to analyze the physical properties of the transmission medium.
Your task is to design, install, operate and maintain equipment and networks broadcastradio and television, fixed telephone networks (copper pairs and coaxial), mobile phones and satellite phones globally through communication networks public and private data.
Using all available means, copper, fiber optic and satellite radios, managing scalable networks and streamline infrastructure investments.
Telecommunications Engineer is a professional who can plan, design, design andcalculation systems, networks and services for generation, transmission, detection and management and information management.
Telecommunications Engineer shall perform the functions in telecommunications servicesin the fields of fixed and mobile telephony, computer networks, transmission systems, high-capacity, via microwave, fiber optics, wireless communication (wireless) and satelliteInternet services and broadband. It requires the integration of telecommunicationsnetworks, data processing, transmission media from the local network (LAN), metropolitan(MAN) and wide area (WAN) to transport large amounts of data.
The bachelor's degree in Telecommunications Engineering must have a solid understanding of the basic principles of physics, mathematics and chemistry. You must also have a deep knowledge of the fundamental concepts of communications, computing,electronics and specific areas of the field of telecommunications. It will be open to self-learning and performance capability in multidisciplinary environments. In this professionaltraining is considered the socio-humanistic places it in its social environment, to form asense of responsibility and competitiveness.
Graduates will complete training: wave transmission, communications systems andsignals, digital phone, microwave, data networks, enabling them to apply to plan, organize, implement, operate and manage networks and systems in this area, provide maintenancethe systems, and lead and manage projects. They will also have the tools necessary togenerate technology and participate in research. Faced with competition, the training shallbe a clear obligation, so that graduates have better opportunities to serve in their professional life.
Aptitude for physical and mathematical sciences.
Tilt the electronics and computing.
Led ability teams.
Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
Desire to excel in working with technology.
The Telecommunications Engineer will be a professional engineer may perform the various telecommunications companies in the activities of installation, operation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment and systems management andtelecommunications services.
Receive knowledge in various technical areas that are part of their work environmentwhich include: Communications Technology, Electronics, Informatics and Telematics.Supplemented with a Basic Training and Management, on the scientific-humanistic and managerial, required for any professional engineering.
The Telecommunications Engineering requires a high aptitude for abstract numerical reasoning and spatial ability adequate attention, concentration, analysis and understanding of systems, also is essential organizational skills and teamwork.
It is expected that the Engineer in Telecommunications able to develop projects, researchin the area of telecommunications technology, operation, maintenance and management of telecommunications systems. He is a professional capable of managing projects of varying nature and scope, where information technology and telecommunications are a key element.
Knowledge of network monitoring and security knowledge of LAN, WAN, TCP / IPKnowledge in computer security; Knowledge in tools like sniffers and protocol-basedSNMP management Knowledge of monitoring tools, communications and security such as:routers, Switches, Firewalls, IPS, Administrators bandwidth and content filtering. Advanced knowledge in the management of communications equipment. Capacity for diagnosis andtroubleshooting technologies. Knowledge of safety and firewall.-Advanced knowledge ofsystems performance monitoring and optimization of capacity. Communication skills.
The telecommunications engineer is the professional who uses knowledge ofmathematics and physical sciences and engineering techniques to develop their career inareas such as optical communications, satellite, microwave networks, wired and wirelesscommunications, broadcasting systems , navigation systems and the management, design, construction, operation and maintenance of telecommunications products and equipment.
To solve the problems posed professional practice, makes use of mathematical and physical analysis. Generally, it plays interacting with professionals from related disciplinessuch as electrical, mechanical, industrial, computer, communications, computer sciencegraduates, as well as administrators and economists, among others. The operating range of current and potential telecommunications engineer is very broad and includes, among
others, the following areas: telephone systems, satellite, radio, microwave, and fiber-based and digital networks for telecommunications and computers. This professionalworks in fields related to electronics, control, telecommunications and computing, both in the public sector-secretaries of State,
decentralized organizations, public and semi-as in private companies specializing inconsulting, integration, installation and maintenance. So preparation
enables him to develop in areas policies and development, among others.
The main responsibilities are:
Technical support networking platform and resolution of incidents;
Update routing policies for inventory and / or audits;
Attending incidents and service requests;
Designing optimal solutions and high availability for the different data centers;
Improve the infrastructure and configurations;
Take inventory control IP routing, and monitoring equipment to support contracts;
Support the implementation of services for customers.
Experience in design of network topologies and reactive support;
Attitude of service, results-oriented and work under pressure, able to communicate ideas to all levels;
Analytical, self-disciplined and business acumen;
Able to identify areas of opportunity;
Knowledge of Cisco and Brocade. CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCDE desirable;
Knowledge of English.
The graduate of this race will be the professional with sound knowledge in:
• Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
• Computers, electronics and theory of communication systems.
• Specific technologies are handled in different areas of the field of Telecommunications.
• Administration and project management.
Also require that you have provided sufficient information about the situation that telecommunications in our country, and the prospects that arise in the future.
An important part of your education is its entrepreneurial spirit and leadership, allowing you to change from being a promoter of international competitiveness will also have full awareness of national issues in this field.
Given the need to modernize services in a comprehensive, must have a good background in human resources, coupled with a great sense of creativity, in order:
• Develop possible solutions.
• Observe physical phenomena, which should prompt you to develop techniques and lines of research.
• Participate in technological change.
The Telecommunications Engineer is a professional sound science and strong expertise in the areas of telecommunications, operating systems, servers and associated electronic devices, which enable the implementation and design of electrical communications, optical and electromagnetic data for allowing implement solutions with satellite telecommunications, satellite, cable, fiber optic, microwave, design of data centers, computer networks in the enterprise, the city or the world. For example:
Communication infrastructure that allows companies such as banks, credit unions and insurance companies, maintaining the operation of transactions anywhere in the country.Support for cell phone companies or satellite. Designing the infrastructure around the centers of mass storage of information.
The Telecommunications Engineering graduate should have the following characteristics:
1. Network models, standards and organizations.
2. The models and protocols such as TCP / IP on an advanced level.
3. Installation, configuration, selection and troubleshoot LAN and WAN devices such as switches, routers, VPN, etc.
4. Routing protocols and communications.
5. Implementation of LAN and WAN and security in them.
6. Knowledge of technologies such as ISDN, Frame Relay, X.25, ATM, DSL, etc..
7. Structured cabling and its implementation in accordance with ANSI / EIA / TIA.
8. Wireless networks, devices, design and operation of antennas.
9. Satellite technology and optical communications
10. Telecommunications Assessment project.
11. Electrical and Electronic Circuits
12. Computer architecture
13. The social environment to describe the social, political, ecological and ethical issues related to technological development and professional performance.
14. Research areas related to telecommunications.
1. Explain the customer needs and translate them into telecom infrastructure requirements
2. Working in teams to develop a telecommunications project.
3. Coordinate technical staff to install networks, antennas or other telecommunications-related projects
4. Explain the general operation of the components involved in data transmission.
5. Design appropriate solutions using different approaches.
6. Reconciling conflicting objectives considering constraints such as cost, time, existing teams and organizations involved.
7. Negotiate and work professionally, leading where necessary and communicate effectively with stakeholders in a Telecommunications.
2. Leadership in multidisciplinary teams.
3. Perseverance in solving problems.
4. Ability to stay current in your area of work.
5. Responsibility and ethics in their professional performance.
6. Entrepreneurial and innovative behavior.
7. Awareness of the social and ecological responsibility.
Analyze the needs and characteristics of networks, develop proposals and network solutions.
• Provide technical support
• Monitoring of bandwidth capacity
IT project management
Ability to handle all kinds of advanced technology to apply modern techniques of computer and information technology in solving problems in the fields of telecommunications, telematics and electronics;: developing digital and analog electronic circuits.
The telecommunications engineer must perform the following positions:
• Designer and manufacturer of networking communications and data transmission.
• Control systems and equipment acquisition, processing, transmission and storage of information, technology innovator in electronics and electrical, optical radio for capturing, processing, transmission and storage of information using different technologies, operating projects and communication systems transmission of information; programmer (analyst software).
Applied research, technological development and scientific innovation, adaptation and implementation of technologies and processes in the field of ICT.
planning, design, calculation, programming, consulting, consultancy, the auditing, construction, maintenance, management, operation and management of devices, networks, systems and ICT projects.
Investigate, and develop solutions to appropriate hardware and software, and network infrastructure required for the processing, storage and dissemination of information.
Understand, analyze, implement, measure, transform, solve, optimize the processing and transmission of signals that carry information.
To measure, interpret, analyze, design and document technical and performance parameters of signals and telecommunications systems.
Interpret, analyze, design and document technical specifications of equipment and services in an ICT solution.
Organize, innovations, projects, lead, negotiate, Bid, Run, intervene, regulate and manage ICT services and solutions.
Create, manage, improve, manage and service companies operating in the ICT sector.
Make an active and interact effectively with various stakeholders in the production chain - transmission - reception of information.
Seek Ethics and moral values of all their professional activities.
Interpret, understand, analyze, synthesize, listen and speak effectively in the native language and understand a foreign language.
Areas of opportunity for professional development.
As a telecommunications specialist will perform at:
• Builders of electronic telecommunications equipment.
• Operators of public or private telecommunications.
• Service companies that are necessary in large private networks.
• Companies OEMs public consumption such as radio, TV, HIFI, among others.
• commercial broadcast stations to radio or television.
• Health institutions where electromedical instrumentation use.
• Educational Institutions for the fields of research and teaching.
• adviser or consultant companies.
• Company itself.
The Telecommunications and Electronics Engineer develops professionally in any organization, company or institution to use, develop, market or provide communications services through satellite systems, fiber optic, microwave and computer networks wired or wireless. On your profile, graduated in Telecommunications Engineering and Electronics is able to develop his own company to provide services that address telecommunications needs.
These organizations include:
• telecommunications operators and companies that require such services to operate
• companies that design and implement computer and telecommunication applications
• as a consultant and advisor, guiding the company to achieve its mission, to propose a better integration of telecommunications technologies
• institutions of higher education and research
Telecommunications Engineer shall serve on telecommunications services companies in the fields of fixed and mobile telephony, computer networks, systems of high capacity transmission via microwave, fiber optics, wireless communication (wireless) and satellite Internet services and broadband. In companies or institutions which require the integration of telecommunications networks, data processing, transmission media from the local network (LAN), metropolitan (MAN) and wide area (WAN) to transport large amounts ofdata. University teaching and research.
Governmental and nongovernmental institutions where you can work (to name a few)
• Government of the Federal District, Mexico
• Ministry of Public Security, Mexico
• Ministry of Public Education, Mexico
• Ministry of Communications and Transport, Mexico
• Ministry of Tourism, Mexico
• National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)